We continuously look for new talent to join our team
Our diverse and international team at aicas has worked with customers in industrial, automotive, and other embedded software segments for almost two decades. Originally starting out of the high-tech and academic environment in Karlsruhe, Germany, in recent years aicas has grown into a global high-tech firm with European and American branches serving global customers. Some of the largest suppliers in automotive and industrial segments use aicas software solutions and build on aicas expertise to empower their millions of devices and vehicles.
As Integration and Release Manager for our realtime Java Virtual Machine you plan product releases, supervise product development and coordinate the integration activities. You will create a release plan according to our product roadmap in cooperation with the engineering department leaders and other stakeholders. You will monitor development progress and host release control meetings. You will assess product change requests and defect tickets. You will decide about their implementation and integration in accordance with engineering management. These activities will take about 50% of your time.
In addition, you will develop parts of our industry leading software solutions based on your individual skillsets.
- Strong Java and/or C programming skills
- Familiarity with JIRA
- Knowledge of software development processes
- Skills in analyzing and resolving software issues
- Basic knowledge of embedded systems
- Masters, German Diploma or Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a comparable subject with a strong curriculum
- Fluent communication skills in English
- Motivated to get things done
- Process oriented while still innovative and flexible
Good to have
- Project Management Experience
- Good understanding of OSes and their related concepts (e.g. scheduling, threads and concurrency, I/O and networking)
- Experience with real-time OSes (e.g. Linux, QNX, VxWorks, Windows Embedded)
- Embedded Systems and Java VM internals, e.g. class loading and garbage collection
- Familiarity with development tools (e.g. Eclipse, JIRA, Mercurial), continous integration (e.g. Jenkins), GNU Autoconf and Make, Apache Ant and Maven
We are an equal opportunity employer and look forward to all applications!