We continuously look for new talent to join our team
Our diverse and international team at aicas has worked with customers in industrial, automotive, and other embedded software segments for almost two decades. Originally starting out of the high-tech and academic environment in Karlsruhe, Germany, in recent years aicas has grown into a global high-tech firm with European and American branches serving global customers. Some of the largest suppliers in automotive and industrial segments use aicas software solutions and build on aicas expertise to empower their millions of devices and vehicles.
As a Software Engineer for the realtime Java Virtual Machine (VM) and Tools at aicas you develop and improve design and implementation of core components of aicas Java Virtual Machine and associated tools, requiring a deep understanding of the JVM Specification. These include core JVM components such as class loading, garbage collection, and bytecode interpretation, as well as supporting tools such as bytecode analysis and machine code generation. While many of these components are platform-independent, their implementation must be optimized for realtime and embedded systems.
- Strong C/Java programming skills
- Expertise in general Java VM architecture, bytecode interpetation, class loading and resolution
- Good understanding of programming language implementation concepts (e.g. interpretation, compilation, program analysis)
Good to have
- Good understanding of OSes and their related concepts (e.g. scheduling, threads and concurrency, I/O and networking)
- Experience with real-time OSes (e.g. Linux, QNX, VxWorks, Windows Embedded)
- Good understanding of garbage collection algorithms and implementation
- Familiarity with development tools (e.g. Eclipse, JIRA, Mercurial), continous integration (e.g. Jenkins), GNU Autoconf and Make, Apache Ant and Maven
- Masters, German Diploma or Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a comparable subject with a strong curriculum
- Problem solving skills with investigative and debugging ability
- Fluent communication skills in English
- Motivation and personal responsibility with a strong work ethic and integrity
We are an equal opportunity employer and look forward to all applications!